Transferable skills

Transferable skills are necessary to achieve various tasks logically in the workplace. For employees, they should put a lot of effort to develop several transferable skills to adapt to different working environments. From my point of view, there are three representative skills for working in the accounting industry.

Firstly, the most important skill is communication skills. In my position, I am mainly obliged to consult individual tax returns that customers need advice to reduce their tax debt or legally increase the refundable tax amount. In this circumstance, I must understand the exact needs of customers. Communication skills help how to treat customers to satisfy them. 

Secondly, the accountant requires professional research skills to constantly follow up the updated tax law and the government budget. It is quite a sensitive point to customers when they plan to open a business or estimate their tax amount in the financial year. I must understand all the details of updated information to deliver correct news to customers. It is the one way to build a trusty relationship between me and customers.

The last skill is computer skills which are remarkably important to manage time effectively. It is quite normal that the number of customers suddenly increases during the tax return season. To not miss out on customers, it is necessary to organise each customer in detail. 

I obtained the above skills while I worked in the accounting internship. It was a great opportunity to learn transferable skills before I work in the real world. Those skills are permanently used in most of workplaces.  

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

High Tech Innovation - Dami

Apple - Promotional Strategies